My top 5 tips/suggestions to a healthy lifestyle!
When I started college I am not going to lie I was eating very unhealthy. Everyday I was eating huge meals that consisted of high calorie intake, and I always felt guilty afterwards. The freshman 15 hit me so bad that it had became freshman 30 for me. When I was a year away from graduating, I was so depressed with my weight gain and I decided to start a healthy lifestyle journey again that I had left years ago. This time the healthy lifestyle journey is here to stay! To this day I have lost over 30 pounds and have managed to maintain my weight over the years. My journey to a healthy lifestyle continues and I don’t plan on stopping. I will be sharing few tips that has helped me in my weight loss journey and to a healthy lifestyle. I hope these tips help you guys with starting a healthy lifestyle. However, I would like to say that no one is perfect and all we can do is give our best. I still struggle with unhealthy food decisions, but it is okay if you do it sometimes instead of EVERYDAY! Below are five tips that I have adopted over the years, and I hope these suggestions help you guys get started with a healthy lifestyle and to anyone who is already doing these tips Kudos to you!👏
1) You have to really be committed to your health and fitness. You can not find excuses of eating unhealthy food all the time. Eating junk food everyday is harmful for your body, skin, and confidence. You have to decide what is important to you- A healthy lifestyle or Junk food that will lead to nothing, but health issues?
2) Find the motivation! It is so important to be motivated because if you are not motivated you will give up too early or never start. Motivation comes from you so find a thing that motivates you. What is it that you want? Lose weight? Be healthy? Have a sexy body? Boost your confidence? Fit in your high school jeans? Look great? Make others jealous? There are so many ways to find motivation and once you are motivated to begin a healthy journey the rest will be an easy struggle.😉
3) Cut out soda from your diet! Just say NO! Soda is useless calories that do you no good. Soda is loaded with sugar and calories that will do absolutely nothing for you! I drink water with everything even when I go out to restaurants. Once in a blue moon, I will have soda, but it is only if I am out and having a delicious meal that will make it perfect with a glass of coke. However, I have made “no soda” rule such a great habit that I can’t even remember the last time I had a soda! Start today say no to soda and be committed to it for a month and you will see drinking water instead of soda will start to become a permanent habit.
4) No, no, and no to fried food! Just no! when you go out order grilled and baked food over fried food. When you are home bake or use few spoons of olive or canola oil. Even better is buying oil sprays that have no calories and use that to cook food. Fried food is just not good for your skin, body, and health. Stop eating fried food and you will notice a difference in your skin and health.
5) Exercise! It is so important to stay active to maintain weight and to live a healthy life. You can join a gym, run in the neighborhood, go to a park, or workout at home. There are so many ways to workout and if gym is not an option workout at home. When I don’t feel like leaving the home I jump rope for 20 minutes and then I finish the workout with squats, lunges, push ups, and sit ups.
These are the top 5 things that have helped me out a lot with my journey to a healthy lifestyle. Comment below if you guys would like more suggestions and tips for a healthy lifestyle. Also, let me know if you guys would like to know more about my weight loss journey and life before hitting the freshman 30.